Melbournites (and Opa Loka)

Assassin Soniqué sonique at HYME.PCMICRO.COM.AU
Fri Jun 7 10:58:05 EDT 1996

On  7 Jun 96 cjohnson wrote about Re[2]: Melbournites (and Opa Loka):

> >But Melbourne, FL doesn't have Gum Trees!
>
>        But we do have plenty of *palm* trees, right on a (small) bay...

And the sun's probably shining at the moment too :(

>        Every once in a while I hear about some "sister city" event that
>        involves both Melbourne FL and Melbourne Oz.  Apparently someone
>        else has already noticed the similarity in names...  :-)

Well, I've heard of Melbourne FL. When I was in the states three
years ago, I was asked if I was from England. When I said Melbourne,
this guy said "strange accent for someone from Florida" ... and he
was *serious*!!! In any case, 'sister cities' seem to be all the rag
ethese days. Melbourne FL may think they are our sister city, but
it's actually Osaka, Japan!

Sonique

--
Paul Ward        aka: Assassin Sonique'      .---.  __  .--------   Long