HW: Brock and/or Turner [via LSMTP - see www.lsoft.com]

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Sun Jun 9 07:56:53 EDT 1996

> And I thought I was the only person in the world that had ever tried to
> argue that Hawkwind are punk! That's different to punk *rock* of course, but
> I've still never succeeded in convincing anyone yet!

        This actually isn't a totally uncommon identification.  One of
the guidebooks to punk music (Trouser Press?) has a reasonably decent
section on Hawkwind.  The begin by saying (rough quote): Hawkwind have
often been considered offensive merely for existing, and if that isn't
punk, we don't know what is!

:)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                                -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)