Choose Your Masques & Sonic Attack

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Mon Jun 10 15:34:51 EDT 1996

On Sat, 8 Jun 1996, Guido wrote:

> are available on a compilation (Angels of Death?). Your best bet is to
> prowl around the used LP stores (which may, or may not, be common in
> Norway :-) ). They sure are rare here in Virginia. :-P

Hey, speak for yourself!! :-)  All dirt roads may indeed lead to
Blacksburg, but the local downtown shop---The Record Exchange---is
turning out to be a *mighty fine* record emporium; plenty of new & used
CDs, LPs, and cassettes.  In fact, 90% of my purchases over the last few
months have been from their used CD bins; some great finds, let me tell
you.

> obSAMEol'SAMEol'--Load by Metallica

Yup, got to agree there.  I'm hoping it will improve on repeated listens,
but so far it appears to be largely a retread of "the black album."

> obJUVENILEbandMEMBERphotos--Load by Metallica (aren't these guys too old
>         for that kind of "we're tough street scum" posturing?)

Yeah, I almost laughed out loud at some of those photos.  Mind you, I
loved the 70s-fashion-victim look; reminded me of some of the BOC promo
shots in the Goldmine article---an homage, maybe? :-)

But I still haven't figured out why they're dressed like cheap pimps on
the back cover... ;-)

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: The Bevis Frond, _Triptych_