HW: LIS:Booooooring (yes I'm late)

Christian Mumford mumford at EUNET.NO
Wed Jun 12 05:43:53 EDT 1996

I'm a little late here (I just joined the list when the LIS discussion
was ebbing out). Just purchased Love In Space yesterday, great fold-out
sleeve, fantastic artwork. Too bad its so damn boring!! Personally, I
thought Alien 4 wasn't so great either, and Its the Business of The
Future To Be Dangerous sucked. Electric Tepee and The Business Trip, on
the other hand, were great in my opinion. I feel those are the only two
decent HW releases this decade. HW just seem to bee noodling away on
automatic with tapes and pre-programmed stuff, it all sounds so samey.
The shows are fun to attend, but the records are just a tad too ho-hum.
They should concentrate less on quantity and more on quality I feel.

I also purchase BOC's Workshop of The Telescopes (I only owned Career of
Evil before), and, being not excactly a "fan", I was intrigued by much
of the early/mid period stuf, but some stuff was a little too dated (the
mid-80s stuff in particular) sounding. Overall pretty good tho'.

Also purchased Fu Manchu's "In Search of...". OK Monster Magnet/Kyuss
type grungy space-rock. I only have Kyuss' first album (which I like
alot)... would anybody recommend their other(s)?

Dope to infinity,

Christian