HW: LIS:Booooooring (yes I'm late)

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Wed Jun 12 06:27:40 EDT 1996

> thought Alien 4 wasn't so great either, and Its the Business of The
> Future To Be Dangerous sucked. Electric Tepee and The Business Trip, on
> the other hand, were great in my opinion. I feel those are the only two
> decent HW releases this decade. HW just seem to bee noodling away on
> automatic with tapes and pre-programmed stuff, it all sounds so samey.
> The shows are fun to attend, but the records are just a tad too ho-hum.

For the same reasons I have the opposite opinion - spacey programmed music
is great to listen to at home but it makes the gig pretty tedious. (I haven't
heard either Alien 4 or LIS, but I seem to be one of the few who thought
ITBOTFTBD was rather cool)

> Also purchased Fu Manchu's "In Search of...". OK Monster Magnet/Kyuss
> type grungy space-rock. I only have Kyuss' first album (which I like
> alot)... would anybody recommend their other(s)?

*Rush* out and buy "Welcome to Sky Valley" if you liked "Blues for the Red
Sun". Whether you get their last one depends on how rabid a kyuss fan you are,
since its a bit patchy - some good tracks though, like Phototropic,
Catermeran..

How many releases have Fu Manchu made & which is their best ? I recall folks
on the now-defunct kyuss list mentioning these guys...

Tim