What BOC/HW connection????

Christian Mumford mumford at EUNET.NO
Wed Jun 12 10:18:26 EDT 1996

OI,
Just a little thought I've had in my head ever since I joined this list:
these bands sound *nothing* alike, and I wonder why the list covers both
bands. I feel they're vastly different in most aspects (musically in
particular), apart from some sci-fi and Moorcock material, but then
again there's a zillion bands out there with sci-fi themes, good or bad.
I don't consider BOC a space-rock band despite the sci-fi
themes....Space Rock is a sound, not a concept... not that I mind BOC, I
actually own a couple of CDs, and some of it's damn good, but lumping
BOC and Hawkwind together is like lumping together Ministry and The Dead
Kennedys..... I'm just curious, I guess. Who started this list and when
was it started?

Now I'll probably get tons of hate-mail, but oh well, let it rain....

Peace and Krunk,

Christian