HW boring ?...

Chris Bates C.D.Bates at SHEFFIELD.AC.UK
Wed Jun 12 11:33:05 EDT 1996

Christian wrote:

> hallucinogenics (and mighty fun it is)...... they are more of a
> psychedelic punk-band than a prog-band.

This punk idea is touted a lot on boc-l, I think it sucks large
quantities of dead penguin dick. But then I always thought that
punk was either made by brainless no-talents (Discharge anyone?)
or was marketing hype.

Years ago Huw Lloyd Langton was interviewd in *Guitarist* - he
was a columnist for a while - and he claimed HW were yer basic
blues-based rock band with some synths. A sort of *woke up this
morning on alpha centauri, my space ship was gone...* thing.
I'd tend to agree, but I think they (and indeed most British metal
bands) are blues for the urban Brit so what do I know eh? :-)

Chris