HW boring ?...

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Wed Jun 12 12:42:29 EDT 1996

On Wed, 12 Jun 1996, Alex S. Garcia wrote:

>        Now, I have no idea which titles those were, so don't even bother
> asking me, but I found those very, uh, monotonous ? They all sounded kind of
> the same. Since I'm also a progressive rock fan, this sounded bland to me.

[...]

>                                                                So the
> question I wanted to as you guys is : are all the HW songs like that ?

Um... if I don't know which songs you heard, how can I possibly say
whether all HW songs are "like that?" :-)

What I can say is that:

1) Not all Hawkwind songs sound the same.  (Phew!)

2) Hawkwind have probably covered just about every style in the known
   universe at one time or the other. :-)

> if not what album would you recommend me for starters, one which wouldn't
> sound all that boring, huh ? I'd really like to give the band another try...

If you would define better what "boring" means to you, and what things *do*
interest you, musically, I'm sure folks would be able to do a better job
suggesting something.  You mentioned you are a prog fan (a nebulously
defined area in itself), so maybe you would enjoy, e.g., _Hall of the
Mountain Grill_, _Warrior on the Edge of Time_, etc.

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Material, _Hallucination Engine_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.