BOC/HW connection explained

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Wed Jun 12 19:09:04 EDT 1996

Jack W. Heffling writes:

> I was wondering the same thing, but didn't want to offend anybody.
> Frankly, I have no clue who Hawkwind is, but probably heard them at some
> time or another, just never knew it. I'm going to have to find some now
> though, just because this list has made me curious.
>
> Jack

Heh!   the memes spread...

Actually this ques should be an FAQ by way of explanation.   It's all
Steve Swann's fault (original founding moderator of this list).   He
wanted a list to discuss BOC away from the normal gossip of the alt.
boards and included Hawkwind 'cos he liked them as well and also 'cos
BOC sometimes ran out of discussion topics!   Very quickly however the
Hawkwind element grew in number to merit joint status.    There were
many discussions about separating the two lists but too many people
posted or read both to make it worthwhile so the current compromise
holds where you can filter out anything prefixed BOC: or HW:

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk