OFF: re: Duran Duran

Le Monsieur Damon dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Wed Jun 12 20:58:53 EDT 1996

[ praise of Duran Duran deleted ]

Yes, their music may be cool and awesome and all that, but I get nauseous
when I hear "Don't say a prayer for me now; save it for the morning
after"... for the same reason a similar reaction occurs regarding the
lyrics to Billy Joel's "Only the Good Die Young".  In other words, I
personally ***(IMHOx1000)*** don't want to support a band that bashes
Christianity like that, i.e. "Jesus, Schmeezus.  Sex with me would be
better than the hereafter if you'd only try it."

At least Hawkwind's occasional disregard for religion is tongue-in-cheek.

(Yes, we've had this discussion before on BOC-L, that time via NIN.)

Damon Capehart          | "I think we should eliminate semicolons from the
aka Le Monsieur         |  English language; nobody uses them anymore
dcapehar at utdallas.edu   |  anyway." - one of Dilbert's anonymous coworkers