OFF: Duran Duran

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Thu Jun 13 00:05:08 EDT 1996

>Well, this doesn't really matter to anyone else I suppose, but I don't give a
>rat's patooie about lyrics...I only ever notice them at all when they just
>happen to be too bizarre *not* to notice....you know, like Amon Duul II's
>'Green bubbles came out of the crystal thing....'   Huh????

I'm way on the other side on this one.  While lyrics alone can't save a
piece, I can't consider a piece great without good and deep lyrics.  Whichi
is one of the reasons I like BOC so much, but then they've had stuff to
offer on both sides.  Much of the criticism of recent BOC pieces are that
they were okay musically but shallow lyrics-wise (though I thought Harvest
Moon's were fine by all means)...

>What would an all-covers HW album include I wonder???  So far, they've only
>done 'Cymbaline' and 'Gimme Shelter'....this would be an interesting subject

While on the topic of Hawkwind covers, the ex-hawks have quite a few.  Some
Floyd covers can be found on "Saucerful of Pink", which includes Nik Turner
doing "Careful with that Axe, Eugene", and Simon House and Len Del Rio doing
"Interstellar Overdrive".  At least half the bands sound familiar in space
rock circles...

Roger Shrubstaff               "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random

Barony of Silverwater
Kingdom of the Burning Lands

(Andrew A. Apold)