HW boring ?...

Chris Bates C.D.Bates at SHEFFIELD.AC.UK
Thu Jun 13 04:45:40 EDT 1996

Chris Baxley wrote:

> I think you're operating under too narrow a definition of "punk".  To me it
> describes any form of expression which, figuratively speaking, seeks
> to shove an extended middle finger in the face of mainstream society.

Nah, you're talking about *rebellion* which is part of being a teenager.
Did the kids with mohicans and nose rings back in '76 call themselves
punks? No I think not. That was probably a term applied by journalists
or record industry marketing 'droids. Those kids were *rebels* and
*not hippies* and *angry*.

Chris