OFF: Nominee for this year's Darwin Awards

M Holmes fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Thu Jun 13 12:12:52 EDT 1996

Paul G Ward writes:

> Hi people,
>
> This is just too interesting.
>
> Sonique

> You all know about the Darwin Awards - It's an annual honor given to
> the person who did the gene pool the biggest service by killing
> themselves in the most extraordinarily stupid way. Last year's winner
> was the fellow who was killed by a Coke machine which toppled over on
> top of him as he was attempting to tip a free soda out of it.  And
> this year's nominee is:

Paul, I really think it's time for you to check out alt.peeves - I'm
crossposting the article there because Geoff would never forgive me if
he found out I didn't.

P.S: I've started a collection of AutoDarwinisation incidents. I'll also
accept miracle escapes where it's clear that Father Darwin was asleep at
his post. If anyone comes across these in newspapers or whatever I'd be
grateful for the article and attributions.

Cheers

FoFP