OFF: Re: Nominee for this year's Darwin Awards

Le Monsieur Damon dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Thu Jun 13 13:25:57 EDT 1996

On Thu, 13 Jun 1996, Hardman DK wrote:
> Presumably a rocket of this power could go any damn place it pleases? If
> these things are supposed to give oomph to a fighter plane, then I would
> guess the weight of a motor car to be totally insignificant.
Yes, I would assume the truck would become airborne if it did so while
the rocket was firing, but the investigators found that the truck became
airborne about 2 miles after the rocket had fired, in other words while
the truck was insignificantly decelerating.  Seems weird to me.

Damon Capehart          | "I think we should eliminate semicolons from the
aka Le Monsieur         |  English language; nobody uses them anymore
dcapehar at utdallas.edu   |  anyway." - one of Dilbert's anonymous coworkers