Jesus Saves or does he?

Le Monsieur Damon dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Thu Jun 13 14:18:28 EDT 1996

On Thu, 13 Jun 1996, Ted Jackson jr. wrote:
> Considering that all religions are based on superstition, and presume
> things that can't be proven, why do we humans take them so damned
> seriously?
Because, as Alex said earlier, some people have experienced things which
demonstrate that religion is not simply a matter of superstition.

I, for one, have seen a few things (no, not fake "healings" on some
televangelism show, but in my life) which say to me that there is plenty
of merit to religious belief.  These things that I've seen, which you may
or may not care to hear, aren't such spectacles as plagues and sticks
turning into snakes and people rising from the dead and all that, but
more along the lines of the changes I've seen in people that simply would
not have happened their own.  I'd give specific examples, but it would
take up quite a bit of space here.

Damon Capehart          | "I think we should eliminate semicolons from the
aka Le Monsieur         |  English language; nobody uses them anymore
dcapehar at utdallas.edu   |  anyway." - one of Dilbert's anonymous coworkers

P.S.:  Thanks for the support, Alex G.