Jesus Saves or does he?

Ted Jackson jr. TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Thu Jun 13 15:35:41 EDT 1996

Damon et al dumping on my pokes at religion:

> On Thu, 13 Jun 1996, Ted Jackson jr. wrote:
> > Considering that all religions are based on superstition, and presume
> > things that can't be proven, why do we humans take them so damned
> > seriously?
> Because, as Alex said earlier, some people have experienced things which
> demonstrate that religion is not simply a matter of superstition.
>
> I, for one, have seen a few things (no, not fake "healings" on some
> televangelism show, but in my life) which say to me that there is plenty
> of merit to religious belief.  These things that I've seen, which you may
> or may not care to hear, aren't such spectacles as plagues and sticks
> turning into snakes and people rising from the dead and all that, but
> more along the lines of the changes I've seen in people that simply would
> not have happened their own.  I'd give specific examples, but it would
> take up quite a bit of space here.
>
> Damon Capehart          | "I think we should eliminate semicolons from the
> aka Le Monsieur         |  English language; nobody uses them anymore
> dcapehar at utdallas.edu   |  anyway." - one of Dilbert's anonymous coworkers

Dudes,
Get a life already.  I apologize for any pain I caused you.  Please
call off the candlelight vigil.  It cracks me up how you all laugh
your asses off about some dumb fuck [but a living, breathing human,
no less] who blew himself to smithereens in a car, yet jump all over
my shit with righteous indignation because I made a couple of
irreverent remarks about something spiritual, i.e. something not even
of this earth.

BTW, I'm a regular churchgoer myself.  I mean every week.  How often
do any of you dudes go to any place of worship on a regular basis?
Oh, I know, you don't have to, 'cause you can pray at home, huh?

All I'm saying is that religion is something spiritual, something you
either believe in or don't, and it doesn't matter a whit if someone
laughs about it, 'cause it's not of this earth.
theo