OFF:Jesus Saves

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Fri Jun 14 04:23:32 EDT 1996

On 13-JUN-1996 14:48:21.9 BOC-L said to HERBERT119

   >> Alex says--

   >> > You don't get it. It's not a matter of faith being weak, but of
   >respect. You
   >> > should respect other people's religious beliefs and songs which
   >"bash" on
   >> > Christianity are not *respectful* and that's what bothers
   >Christians. >
   >> I don't think Christians are generally TOLERANT, never mind
   >respectful, of > the beliefs of others. They're far more interested in
   >imposing their > beliefs on others. As for bashing Christianity, in
   >the U.S. we still > have a Constitutionally protected right to free
   >speech (despite the > best efforts of fanatical Christians who "know"
   >what's best for us). If > you think a song (or book, or movie, or
   >whatever) is offensive, don't > listen to it, read it, or watch it.
   >Show a little respect for those who > DON'T think Christianity is the
   >best thing since buttered toast. >
   >> Guido
   >>
   >Finally, a voice of reason.  Couldn't have said it better myself.
   >theo

But to stereotype all (or most) Christians as thus is unfair, as I know of
many who don't give a rat's ass WHAT anyone else does. Remember,
the description of
"Christian" can vary greatly. I have a friend who considers himself a
"Christian", and yet he drinks, has pre-marital sex, what not, but he's had
some of these personal "experiences" in which he's actually felt the
presence of something divine or whatever. You can argue theology, but you
can't argue what people feel.

Chuck (not Christian, but
Agnostic, and a little embarrassed for contributing to
this)
`[1;32;41mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive