HW boring ?...

Chris Bates C.D.Bates at SHEFFIELD.AC.UK
Fri Jun 14 04:03:25 EDT 1996

Chris Baxley wrote:

> Chris Bates wrote:
> >Nah, you're talking about *rebellion* which is part of being a teenager.
>
> No, rebellion is part of being a concious human.

Most people don't rebel. Ever. If they do then it's as adolescents when
in fact it's merely conforming to a different norm. For me that's what
the punk attitude was. It wasn't an attempt to change the world and
was no more dangerous or truly rebellious than skiffle or a whist night
for old ladies.

If anyone wants to change the world then I'll listen to their proposals
but if changing the world involves pink mohicans, pogoing and copious
gobbing then you can count me out. Political agendas can't be explained
in 2 minute songs, never could never will be. If they could Marx would've
been a songwriter wouldn't he :-)

Chris