Jesus Saves the Church of Hawkwind

Guido Vacano gvacano at BEAVER.MBB.WESLEYAN.EDU
Fri Jun 14 07:45:21 EDT 1996

Andrew says--

> aaaaaarrrrrggghhhhhhh!
>
> Is there any way we can nudge this into a discussion about the
> Church of Hawkwind?

Sounds cool. Arguments about religion get me down, because rationality
goes right out the window.

But this does, hence the removal of the "OFF". :-)

> My friend Phil says it's too synthetic, he doesn't like it.  I can get
> it for about $7, he says don't bother...  If I had a choice of Church
> or Space Bandits, (which I do), which would be recommended first?

CoH is definitely one of my favorites. I think the term "synthetic" is
unfair, since it implies a lack of feeling in the music. But practically
all of the songs, IMHO, pack a unique emotional punch. It does have
synthesizers and samples, etc, but that, of course, does not mean it
isn't good stuff.

Space Bandits might be more accessible though.

Guido

--

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao.
The Name that can be named is not the eternal Name.