OFF: Lyrics (was Duran Duran)

Assassin Soniqué sonique at HYME.PCMICRO.COM.AU
Fri Jun 14 10:04:13 EDT 1996

On 13 Jun 96 Keith A Henderson wrote about Re: OFF: Lyrics (was Duran
Duran):

> Musical lyrics are a bad way of telling a story it seems.  They're difficult to
> understand often, and the metered nature of the tune limits one's abilities to
> convey a sequence of ideas/events.

Eloy's "Ocean" is one example to refute this ....

My $0.02 worth (seasonally adjusted): Tracks which use lyrics to
"tell a story" work best when they don't go overboard, but convey an
image that they are telling a story. The accompanying music needs to
set the mood, and the imagination fills in the gaps ... if it's done
well.

Agree, or the R.O.D.S Robot will be recalibrated ;^)

Sonique

--
Paul Ward        aka: Assassin Sonique'      .---.  __  .--------   Long
R & D Manager, P & C Micro's Pty Ltd        /     \( o`-,  -----   may