OFF: Lyrics

Alex S. Garcia artefact at IMAGINET.FR
Fri Jun 14 13:36:27 EDT 1996

>one band that a lot of people can't stand,is really good at telling tales
in their
>lyrics. i'm talking about iron maiden,especially piece of mind.if you knnow the
>words to this album,it can give you chills at times..
>rj

Do you know the story behind "Piece of mind" ? It's based on Frank Herbert's
famous novel "Dune", which was the original title of the song. But when the
band asked the author permission to use the title, Herbert said no way,
apparently he hated hard rock bands (hmm... unlike Moorcock, eh ? ;-) and
didn't want Dune to be associated in any way to such a project. Iron Maiden
was very disappointed of course, since they all are great fans of Herbert's,
and had to change the title to "Piece of mind". I'm sure many of you already
knew this story, but what the heck, eh ? *smile*

Alex S. Garcia.

ARTEFACT EDITIONS (http://www.imaginet.fr/~artefact/index.htm)
Generation Scenario
      (la revue de l'ecriture scenaristique / the magazine of screenwriting)
      http://www.imaginet.fr/~artefact/genscen/genscen.htm