OFF: Lyrics

Fri Jun 14 14:25:03 EDT 1996

>Do you know the story behind "Piece of mind" ? It's based on Frank Herbert's
famous novel "Dune", which was the original title of the song. But when the
band asked the author permission to use the title, Herbert said no way,

If I remember correctly, it was the song "To Tame a Land" (on the "Piece of
Mind album" - the first Iron Maiden album I bought and first Iron Maiden
tour I saw) that was based on "Dune".  Bruce Dickinson told the story on
tour before the band played it.

John Swartz (who can't quite play bass like Steve Harris of Iron Maiden, but
does play a Fender Precision Bass - Steve was probably the most influential
bass player to me when I first picked up the bass)