OFF:Jesus Saves the Church of Hawkwind

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Fri Jun 14 15:48:19 EDT 1996

On 14-JUN-1996 08:32:29.0 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >>   >> > >I can't
   >>   >> > >imagine why this stuff bothers Christians so much anyway.
   >If their
   >>   >> > >faith is so weak that it can be shaken by some irreverence,
   >then >   >> > >maybe they're barking up the wrong tree anyway.
   >>   >> I don't think Christians are generally TOLERANT, never mind
   >>   >respectful, of > the beliefs of others. They're far more
   >interested in >But to stereotype all (or most) Christians as thus is
   >unfair, as I know of >many who don't give a rat's ass WHAT anyone else
   >does. Remember, >the description of
   >>Chuck (not Christian, butAgnostic, and a little embarrassed for
   >contributing to
   >aaaaaarrrrrggghhhhhhh!
   >Is there any way we can nudge this into a discussion about the
   >Church of Hawkwind?
   >My friend Phil says it's too synthetic, he doesn't like it.  I can get
   >it for about $7, he says don't bother...   If I had a choice of Church
   >or Space Bandits, (which I do), which would be recommended first?
   >+-------------------------------------------------------+

You must jump all over Chruch, Andrew. This is a seriously underrated album.
I assume you've spotted the CD, which has three bonus tracks, making it even
more worth it. Some of these tracks were made for a Brock solo album, but
they all fit the HW mold just fine. It is a very experimental album, with
lots of synthy pieces and what not. You can't go wrong w/"Nuclear Drive",
"Phenomenon Of Luminosity", "Star Cannibal", "Light Specific Data", "Mists
Of Meriden" (a brilliantly spacey ambient piece), "Some People Never Die"
and "The Church". This album is really special and in a league of it's own.
Of course, many people will say "nay", and it depends on your own
tastes...but look at it this way -- you should get all of HW's stuff
eventually, may as well go for it... :)
Space Bandits, I like about half of it. "Images" is a good tune, as is
"Wings", "Out Of The Shadows" is okay, "Black Elk Speaks" has a good mood to
it, but the rest...

Chuck

   >Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I
   >had power !"
   >Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random, upon being
   >accused
   >Guildmaster of Reeves                          of being corrupted since
   >Barony of Silverwater                             becoming King....
   >Kingdom of the Burning Lands                (Roger Zelazny, d. 1995)

`[1;37;47mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive