HW: The Quest for Levitation

Alex S. Garcia artefact at IMAGINET.FR
Fri Jun 14 15:26:14 EDT 1996

>Well, you missed the Bad Old Days of USA Hawkwind fandom, when I spent
>4 years (casually, I'll admit) looking for Hawkwind records without
>seeing ONE.  :-) The first time I ever saw a Hawkwind album was when I
>went to college in Boston.

Reminds me of when I started hunting out for BOC albums ! The oldest ones I
had to buy in the States while on a trip there, cause I just couldn't find
them anywhere here in France (and I tried in several cities, though not in
Paris - where I 'm sure I would probably have found them). Well, OTOH, I
must admit it took me "only" a year (maybe two) to get all the BOC albums...
well, I'm still missing the 3 live ones, actually. Hmm...

>> To reassure you fans, I didn't really find the songs bland (though one of
>> them, the first I think, did sound a bit repetitive on some sections).
>
>Try listening to that one with the headphones on.  It has multitudes of
>sound layers that kind of get lost in the mix unless you have really
>great speakers.

Well, actually I *did* have headphones on since I was listening to it at the
library. But the sound quality was very poor and one of the speakers in the
headphone wasn't working, so I wasn't really listening to this in stereo !
*sigh*

>If you like _CotBS_, you'll almost certainly love _Live Chronicles_.

Safe bet. Sounds logical to me. Though I'm always a bit hesitant to buy a
live album... especially when I already have the material in it in a studio
album. But you say there's other stuff on it, so I might give it a try...

Alex S. Garcia.

ARTEFACT EDITIONS (http://www.imaginet.fr/~artefact/index.htm)
Generation Scenario
      (la revue de l'ecriture scenaristique / the magazine of screenwriting)
      http://www.imaginet.fr/~artefact/genscen/genscen.htm