OFF: Lyrics

Alex S. Garcia artefact at IMAGINET.FR
Fri Jun 14 15:26:11 EDT 1996

>>Do you know the story behind "Piece of mind" ? It's based on Frank Herbert's
>famous novel "Dune", which was the original title of the song. But when the
>band asked the author permission to use the title, Herbert said no way,
>
>If I remember correctly, it was the song "To Tame a Land" (on the "Piece of
>Mind album" - the first Iron Maiden album I bought and first Iron Maiden
>tour I saw) that was based on "Dune".  Bruce Dickinson told the story on
>tour before the band played it.

Sorry, my mistake. You're right. That was "To tame a land"... but hey, I had
the right album :-)
(Okay, so who can tell I'm not an Iron Maiden fan ? *grin*)

Alex S. Garcia.

ARTEFACT EDITIONS (http://www.imaginet.fr/~artefact/index.htm)
Generation Scenario
      (la revue de l'ecriture scenaristique / the magazine of screenwriting)
      http://www.imaginet.fr/~artefact/genscen/genscen.htm