HW: The Quest for Levitation

Alex S. Garcia artefact at IMAGINET.FR
Fri Jun 14 18:43:40 EDT 1996

Keith describes :

>OK, I don't believe that the second issue was remastered...I could be wrong.
>The only things I've noticed that are different between the original UK CD, and
>the more recent Griffin release is:
>
>1)  The Griffin back cover has a live photo of the band, instead of the
>original back sleeve artwork.
>2)  The track 'Nuclear Toy' was added as a bonus track to the Griffin release.
>(This was recorded during the Levitation sessions, and 'belongs' here more than
>anywhere else, although it doesn't seem to fit the style of the album I don't
>think.  I also remember that there was a different version of Nuclear Toy that
>appeared on a 'Weird' tape a few years before....I guess this version was
>*very* different to the Levitation version.)
>
>Anyway, I should think the Griffin version should be cheaper & more easily
>found in the US, and I would say it's preferable also because of the extra
>track.
>
>I should think that $20 is too much to pay for anything that is domestically
>available....assuming you're in the US that is....

Oh... I guess I forgot to mention. I live in France. And actually, $20 is
what a new CD release usually costs (aproximately). Life is much more
expensive here then in the States ! Though in this case I must admit it's a
rather interesting price since both albums would be coming in as imports.
That's rather "cheap" for imports...
        BTW, the guy at that shop told me you couldn't find HW on tape, is
that true ? I'm not really a CD fan (though I do appreciate the sound
quality, of course) and - as you've seen - they *are* expensive, so I
usually like buying tapes better. But couldn't find any HW tapes anywhere...

Alex S. Garcia.

ARTEFACT EDITIONS (http://www.imaginet.fr/~artefact/index.htm)
Generation Scenario
      (la revue de l'ecriture scenaristique / the magazine of screenwriting)
      http://www.imaginet.fr/~artefact/genscen/genscen.htm