HW: The Quest for Levitation

Olivier Boigey Olivier_Boigey at TECHLINK.FR
Sat Jun 15 15:17:05 EDT 1996

In message ID <199606141745.NAA28789 at mindvox.phantom.com> on 14/06/96,
BOC/Hawkwind Discussion L wrote:

***Well, you missed the Bad Old Days of USA Hawkwind fandom, when I spent
***4 years (casually, I'll admit) looking for Hawkwind records without
***seeing ONE.  :-) The first time I ever saw a Hawkwind album was when I

I went to California in '89 and did a good business in buying HW's 1st album
(vynil, original US issue - UAS 5519) at a 2nd hand store for cheap prices I
found Gong and Davis Allen's records (french issues) , very hard to find in
France; maybe HW was not very known in the States, before they did tour in 90
 ...?

Recently received a syrian bootleg tape of "Master of the Universe"
compilation; for about $2 you've got a chrome tape and a photo of the
original cover....

- via HOLY GALACTIC IMPERIUM