OFF: Re: Jesus Saves, but does he like Space Bandits?

gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK
Sat Jun 15 15:57:05 EDT 1996

  You'll all be glad to hear that I'm not gonna respond on the list to the
Christians. Private e-mail from now on. Okay?!!!
  I think it's safe to say that since both "sides" seem to consider the
other to be reacting "typically", that minds have already been made up!

  Anyway, onto Space Bandits. This is one of my favourite HW albums, and I
see it as the start of the truly magnificent period they are now in.
  Has there been much discussion as to Huw Lloyd Langtons contribution to
the Hawks? As much as I like some of his HW songs, I can't help feeling that
HW improved so much on his departure. I think he gave them too much of
standard "rock" sound, particularly with his never-ending solos. Still, only
my opinion!

Dave