HW: Michael Moorcock (was The Quest for Levitation)

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Sun Jun 16 01:26:46 EDT 1996

Allan T Grohe Jr writes:

> > check...) I'd like to hear those cause the stuff he wrote for BOC are among
> > my favorite BOC tunes... and he's a damn good lyricist !
>
> The funny thing is, he doesn't consider himself a good poet:  he ranks
> lyrics and his various Wheldrake short poems as fakes--not real poems.
> I think some are rather good, though much of the printed poems are better
> than the material he did for HW and BOC.
>
> Hadn't we talked about doing an MM poetry book at some point (Jill??)?

Yes - I think we did!   The question I suspect was how much we could
disentangle as being definitely Moorcock from contamination by others.
And is some of his stuff still only on tapes - or are all his Hawkwind
contributions now officially issued?    Curse of Man is his isn't it?

Maybe we should just ask him direct.....

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk