HW: Michael Moorcock

Andy Gilham AndyGilham at AOL.COM
Sun Jun 16 13:18:34 EDT 1996

Alex asks

>>Moorcock's band, more fully titled Michael Moorcock and the Deep Fix.
>>They released _New Worlds Fair_ (I forget if there's an apostrophe in the
>>title) in 1975, with most of Hawkwind as contributing musicians.
>
>Hmm...does MM actually sing on that album ? Anyway, what kind of music is it
>?

If you can call it singing, yes he does :)  Actually he's not that bad, as
long as he stays within his capabilities.

It's an uneven album, in a variety of folk/blues/rock styles.  But at its
best - "Rolling in the Ruins", "Sixteen Year Old Doom", the last bit of
"You're a Hero" - it's really rather good.

And for those of us that care about the lyrics, they're mostly excellent, too
:)

- Andy