HW: CotBS Lyrics

Alex S. Garcia artefact at IMAGINET.FR
Mon Jun 17 11:19:59 EDT 1996

>> 1) Some of the lyrics to "Song of the swords" and "The Sea King", though
>> printed in the inner sleeve, do not appear in the songs themselves. I
>> listened carefully but couldn't hear all the words.
>
> ###you must have a channel out.i checked both the studio and the live
albums,and
>all printed lyrics are intact in the recordings.there are times when the
vocals are
>whispered as in:  " {cool brain tortured}, BY NEUROTIC FEARS!"  as for sea
king,
>the problem may be that huw lloyd  was a lush, and there for it often
sounds as tho'
>he's trying to sing around a mouthful of marbles!

Well, I just gave it a listen with the headphones on to make sure I didn't
miss out on anything, and I still can't hear some of the printed lyrics
anywhere. On "Song of the swords" is missing "My eyes were blind I could not
see [...] Black swords hanging cold as ice, will they lead me to Paradise ?"
(that's 6 lines in the sleeve !). On "The Sea King" is missing the 2nd verse
: "Unsure whether he's dreaming or dead [...] His ancestors, ally, friend,
only to some" (4 lines). On the latter, HLL, after singing the chorus for
the first time, just goes ahead directly to the 3rd verse, skipping the 2nd
one thoroughly. Weird. Now, I have the Griffin release, could it be maybe
that on this version they printed the whole original lyrics as they were
maybe meant to be sung before the songs were indeed recorded ?

>> 2) Seems to me that "Arioch" is in fact an instrumental, so wherever have
>> the lyrics gone ?
>
>????????????????????????
>(snipped)
>  there is a short un-named piece before the song which is the summoning of
arioch bt
>elric,which goes like- "arioch aid me in my time of need,????  ????  ????
my soul doth
>bleed, THE DUKES OF HELL! THEY COME! ARIOCH AID ME OR MY LIFE IS DONE!"

I've checked this. I've found those lyrics in "The Demise", between
"Zarozinia" and "Sleep of a thousand tears". They are pretty much whispered,
especially at the start.
        But my sleeve gives me the following lyrics, which I can't seem to
find anywhere in the songs :

        Arioch, I summon thee, Lord of Seven Darks
        Arioch, I summon thee, put fire in my heart
        Arioch, I summon thee, can you hear my plea ?
        Arioch, I summon thee in my hour of need

I thought they should be in the track titled "Arioch", but this one
apparently is an instrumental. So I'm puzzled !

Alex S. Garcia.

ARTEFACT EDITIONS (http://www.imaginet.fr/~artefact/index.htm)
Generation Scenario
      (la revue de l'ecriture scenaristique / the magazine of screenwriting)
      http://www.imaginet.fr/~artefact/genscen/genscen.htm