HW:Orgone Accumulator

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Mon Jun 17 13:41:40 EDT 1996

On Mon, 17 Jun 1996, Hardman DK wrote:

> Reich was also the inventor of the "Cloudbuster" as featured in the Kate
> Bush song & video "Cloudbusting".  I forget how this contraption was
> supposed to work, but again it was something to do with orgone energy. By
> firing orgone energy into the sky Reich thought it was possible to break
> up clouds....I dunno, something like that.

The odd thing is that it was designed to be able to disperse *and* form
clouds (the latter for the purposes of rainmaking in drought areas).  I
also seem to remember that Reich's space gun (for shooting down U.F.O.s)
was based upon the cloudbuster.

You can also catch a brief glimpse of a cloudbuster on the top of a shack
in the film _WR: Mysteries of the Organism_ (in which we come full-circle
with our recent thread about the plaster casters:).  To the casual
observer, it looks like a bunch of metal pipes tied together on a swivel
mount... :-)

Cheers,

Paul.

obSonicAttack: Kate Bush, "Experiment IV"

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.