HW: CotBS Lyrics

Martyn Lawrence martynl at FUJITSU.COM.AU
Tue Jun 18 12:45:04 EDT 1996

> >> On "Song of the swords" is missing "My eyes were blind I could not
> >> see =D5...=FE Black swords hanging cold as ice, will they lead me to=
>  Paradise ?"
> >> (that's 6 lines in the sleeve !).
> >
> >That is a new one on me.iv'e never heard those lines before, nor have i
> ever seen them
> >in print.what release is that?

Before the cotbs album was released they showcased a few songs on a minitour
around june 1985.
The songs they played were sleep of a 1000 tears,shade gate,song of the swords
and needlegun.
The lyrics to sots and possibly sleep etc were different from how they appeared
on the album.
On the main tour Sea King was considerably longer in that it had an extra verse
that wasn't on the lp,although the full version of the song was on the Live Chr-
onicles lp.
I guess there was alimit on how much could be put on a single lp(45 mins?) and
that was why some songs were cut,so that they could portray the whole concept on
a single album.
I like both the studio cotbs and live chronicles apart from the bang,bang thud
of danny thompson.

Does anyone know whatever happened to Simon King,there was a photo of him with
the band around the time that they were recording cotbs,but nothing since?

regards

Marty