HW: needle gun response

Dr Pepper (they call me Mister Pibb) M.S.Wright at READING.AC.UK
Tue Jun 18 04:42:46 EDT 1996

On Tue, 18 Jun 1996, Chris Bates wrote:

>> Alex a demande:
>>
>>>One question : why is there a song called "Needle gun" ? I don't recall
>>>reading about a needle gun (or any kind of gun, for that matter) anywhere in
>>>Elric's Cycle... is my memory failing me ? :-(
>
> This is half remembered from over a decade ago so don't laugh if I'm
> wrong... After the CotBS gig in Sheffield we hung around and had a word
> with Brock. Someone asked him about Needle Gun - was it a weapon that
> Elric used? Brock said that the song was about drugs.
>
> Make of this what you will, I make no claims for accuracy. Can you
> back me up on this Big Mike W? (You were there weren't you?).

Indeed I was, hanging around on 10th November 1985, waiting to have a
chat mainly complaining about the northern winter temperatures. There are
only 2 things I remember, apart from the bitterness of the night, and
these are Harvey saying that they would be setting O level questions on
it(*) in years to come, and managing to borrow the rest of Mr. johhny J
from him(**).

Oh yes, and by that time I probably wasn't complaining that my black sword
pendant hadn't broken, due to it being in my possession for less than an
hour. Does anyone else have an intact pendant? I seem to recall that they
were made from a metal softer than solder, which insured a certain built
in obsolescence.

Mike w

(*) it being the tour
(**) if you cannot work out what a 'Mr. johnny J' is then I feel that you
have not being attention at any HW gig, and if so then good for you.