HW : HLL or not?

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Jun 18 07:54:43 EDT 1996

> The best post-Langton albums are Electric Tepee (one of my _gasp_ all
> time HW top 5 favorites - the track LSD is just an AWESOME killer of a
> tune, up there with trippy jams like "Seeing it as You Really Are" and
> "You Shouldn't do That". An extremely trippy album, fuggin A!!) and the
> Business Trip. I highy  recommend Electric Tepee!!!!

        _ET_ is pretty good, though suffers from an overabundance of
meandering instrumentals.  _Palace Springs_ gets my vote as best post
Huw HW album, possibly best post-Lemmy (gasp!) Hawkwind album.  OK,
the cover two Lemmy-era tunes on it, but the version of "Assault &
Battery/Golden Void" is very close to something I would consider the
utter summation of Hawkwind :)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                                -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)