OFF: Groundhogs

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Tue Jun 18 17:38:29 EDT 1996

Hi Folks....

This has only a slight relevance to HW I suppose, but there's a guy out there
searching for info on the Groundhogs for a history that TSMcPhee is working on
himself.  Seems as though he can't remember all the gigs he's done, just like
Brock.... :)

Anyway, they're looking for someone out there who's seen or knows about the
1972 US tour they did....and perhaps other info as well...can't be sure.
Anyway, here's the original posting I saw (below).

Keith H. (FAA)

PS Of course, for those of you interested, the slight relevances would be that
Dave Anderson was involved with the Groundhogs at one point (not sure when),
and that TSMcPhee was on some of the UK Amon Duul stuff (along with the Ozrics
and Bob Calvert), when they recorded in Powys, Wales at Anderson's studio.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Tony McPhee the Featured member of the Groundhogs, a British Blues/Progressive
Rock band that had success mostly in the late '60's and '70's, is writing a
book and needs help about concert dates, places and what you may remember from
the 1972 USA Tour.  I beleive they toured with the Rolling Stones.

Photos would also help.

Your local public library may have articles from that year.

Tony is still performing and recording.  You can email or mail me with all
information.  Thank you.

If you are still a fan and have dusted off your lps or picked up re-issues
on CD?  Please let me hear from you.

Write:                  CDM
                        PO BOX 57-8835
                        Graceland Station