Off: Lemmy

Kevin Haskel Rubin gnome at TELEPORT.COM
Tue Jun 18 14:26:35 EDT 1996

> Since I've seen serveral HW posts mentioning Lemmy, and since someone also
> mentioned Metallica and their new single, "Until it Sleeps" (which I happen
> to like, although parallels to "The Reaper" are tenuous at best, IMHO), I
> thought I'd post this.  The CD single of Metallica's "Until It Sleeps" has
> as a second track, "Overkill" which I believe is not on the album - Lemmy
> has a writing credit (I think he plays on it as well - memory fails here),
> and the liner notes indicate it being played on Lemmy's 50th birthday.

Metallica doesn't play it nearly as well as Motorhead.  This one was
recorded while Metallica was rehearsing for Lemmy's 50th birthday party, not
at the party itself.

It didn't mention Lemmy playing with them, and there's no voice that sounds
like his (too bad, too).

-kevin

--
Kevin Rubin aka 3999RK60 RU5M7I              Co-Op Network Operations Manager
gnome at teleport.com         Oregon Coast Rural Information Service Cooperative