Off: space bandits!

Christian Mumford mumford at EUNET.NO
Wed Jun 19 06:09:13 EDT 1996

Chris Bates wrote:

> Maxine wrote:
>
> > Chris Bates wrote :

> No, stop. you're killing me. Brilliant? Ha! They wouldn't have even had
> a release if he'd not made a name for himself in the Floyd.
>
> > Likewise the rest of Pink
> > Floyd improved probably because they had to get creative again.
>
> And of course they didn't have the ego of La Roger to overcome. Look
> how long it took Wright, surely the most musically gifted, to play again
> after Roger ruined his self-confidence.
>
> Chris

Hey! Wotta 'bout Syd Barrett???? He was the true genius behind the early
Floyd sound, musically and lyrically. PF's later direction was
inventive, at times great, but never as brilliant as with Barrett. Roger
Waters totally sucks, on the other hand. Check out PF's "Piper at The
Gates of Dawn", or the single "Arnold Layne" or Syd's solo stuff
(arguably "Opel" is better than the original two albums he put out in
the early 70s).

Christian