HW: solo stuff

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Jun 19 06:11:36 EDT 1996

In message <E0uVcZ8-0007Fu-00 at ursa.cus.cam.ac.uk>, "Carl E. Anderson"
<cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK> writes
> The only lad out of the
>Hawkwind camp who can completely stand on his own two feet is Lemmy--as
>has been proven by Motorhead.

IMO Nik is right up there with Lemmy. ICU never had the sucess that
Motorhead had obviously, but some of those ICU gigs were among the best
shows I've ever seen in my life (out of 1,000's) As good as any great
live performer like say, Iggy Pop. Whilst I accept these were not
strictly solo efforts from Turner, Motorhead did benefit from Fast Eddie
and Philthy Taylor did they not?

Motorhead was definately the loudest gig I've ever been to, though! My
hearing was screwed for three days after the Bomber show at the Hammy O.
--
Jon Browne