Off: space bandits!

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed Jun 19 08:13:15 EDT 1996

>> 3 brilliant albums (Pro's and Cons of Hitchhiking, Radio Kaos, Amused
>> To Death) although not neccesarily 'better' than his work with Pink Floyd
>
>No, stop. you're killing me. Brilliant? Ha! They wouldn't have even had
>a release if he'd not made a name for himself in the Floyd.

I thought Radio Kaos was quite good.  ATD had some points, but music isn't
one of them.  One or two decent momentsMakes the Wall and Final Cut look
like happy, cheerful lighthearted albums.  BTW, I consider The Final Cut to
be a solo album by the definition-- there was no regular band structure and
Rog  had complete artistic control.

>> Likewise the rest of Pink
>> Floyd improved probably because they had to get creative again.
>
>And of course they didn't have the ego of La Roger to overcome. Look
>how long it took Wright, surely the most musically gifted, to play again
>after Roger ruined his self-confidence.

If it weren't for what he did to Rick, I could forgive Roger...
Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random, upon being accused
Guildmaster of Reeves                          of being corrupted since
Barony of Silverwater                             becoming King....
Kingdom of the Burning Lands                (Roger Zelazny, d. 1995)