Off: Lemmy

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Jun 19 13:39:32 EDT 1996

> The CD single of Metallica's "Until It Sleeps" has
> as a second track, "Overkill" which I believe is not on the album - Lemmy
> has a writing credit (I think he plays on it as well - memory fails here),
> and the liner notes indicate it being played on Lemmy's 50th birthday.

        Metallica's "Overkill" version (cover of the Motorhead song,
of course, thus the Lemmy credit) is a two-track recording during
rehersals for the 50th birthday party (thus is doesn't appear on the
album ;)

        Lemmy did come out and sing at the party--I think on "We Are the
Roadcrew" with Metallica, though I'd have to check my recording :)

        Frankly, Motorhead's set blew the Metallica covers set away.
Big surprise.  Which is not to say I'm jumping on the narrow-minded-
metal-fan bandwaggon and saying that Metallica suck, but just that
I would hate to be on the same bill as Motorhead :)  They are one
heck of a rock'n'roll band :)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                                -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)