OFF - Pink Floyd

Maxine Wesley mxw at DMU.AC.UK
Thu Jun 20 07:12:36 EDT 1996

> Maxine wrote:
>
> > Chris Bates baited! :

> No, stop. you're killing me. Brilliant? Ha! They wouldn't have even had
> a release if he'd not made a name for himself in the Floyd.

As stated he was Pink Floyds creativity for a long period, took them to the
height of their careers in the 'Wall' period and established them as
Britains top band from playing to small intimate audiences to playing in
Football Stadiums.

You only have to look at Dave and Rick's solo albums to
see that it wasn't their influence... the early psychedelia during and
just after Barrett wasn't really that awe inspiring... (sorry folks!) - a
lot of limp drivel IMHO

> how long it took Wright, surely the most musically gifted, to play again
> after Roger ruined his self-confidence.

I don't refute that the current Floyd are just as brilliant as they have
ever been but who can say (apart from Chris!) who made
them what they are... would it ever have been the way it is without
the band previously working with Roger?  It's like saying Nik Turner's
Hawkwind would sound the way they do without having worked with DB... etc
and we all know that's Bull! (i can bait too dontchaknow!)

Maxine