OFF : Damned was HW : re-HLL or not?

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Jun 21 04:35:16 EDT 1996

In message <199606201426.PAA24076 at easynet.co.uk>,
gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK writes
>>Isn't Simon over in Nik's camp at the moment?
>>--
>>Jon Browne
>>

>Oh yeah, forgot about this "sides" business. My two favourite bands (The
>Damned and HW) both seem to be having this problem at the moment, with
>ex-members trying to take over the band. Very sad, and from experience, it's
>all down to money. Sad but (I think) true. The situation with the ol' Damned
>is even worse than HW though. Imagine if Dave Brock ended up sitting at home
>with no band left while "Hawkwind", made up of various ex-members toured the
>"greatest hits" round the country!
>
>Dave (not Brock...or Vanian!)

Amazing behaviour innit? I don't think Rat's sitting at home though. As
I said, he's in LA right now.  He also mentioned something about not
being interested in trotting out 20 years of back catalogue, but
preferred to get on with something new, and didn't want to do _anything_
if it wasn't *brilliant*!

But this is too off, so sorry everyone, I'll shut up for a bit.

--
Jon Browne