OFF Pink Floyd

Maxine Wesley mxw at DMU.AC.UK
Fri Jun 21 05:58:16 EDT 1996

> From:    Stephen Swann <swann at MINDVOX.COM>
> Subject: Re: OFF - Pink Floyd

> Well, he was their lyrical and conceptual creativity.  Personally,
> I think the real musicianship was in the hands of the other guys.

I agree.. there are some marvellous musicians out there but if they
havn't got anything interesting to play then they might as well call
themselves Take That (or somethin!)

> From:    Guido Vacano <gvacano at BEAVER.MBB.WESLEYAN.EDU>
> Subject: Re: OFF - Pink Floyd
>
> I think Radio KAOS is serious work of art, while Gilmour's albums are
> merely great music. :-)

I agree... again.. and I also love Dave Gilmours Solo stuf for what it is
- a 'Soft' Rock album with some beautiful tunes, cheerful ditties and
lyrics.

"Cruise you are making me sing
Now you have taken me under your wing
Cruise, we both know you're the best
How can they say you're like all the rest

Saving our children, saving our land
Protecting us from things we can't understand
Power and Glory, Justice and Right
I'm sure that you'll help us to see the light
And the love that you radiate will keep us warm
And help us to weather the storm"
                                Dave Gilmour

But it's the Pink Floyd stuff that 'grabs you by the throat' and shakes you
upside down that I associate with RW... music for the mind?

I'll shut up now on this topic coz I've pissed everyone off :(

Maxine