OFF: Porcupine Tree is like this

Rudich, Robert A Rudich at VOLPE2.DOT.GOV
Fri Jun 21 13:13:00 EDT 1996

>Would somebody care to tell me what kind of music these guys are?

They taste like chicken.   Actually, some say early Floyd, but I don't see
it.  They are spacey, but more ambient than Floyd.   Just as an interesting
sidebar, I saw their disc in the New Age section of a VA record store last
week.   Maybe Ozrics on 'ludes might be the best I could say.  At $5 you
wouldn't put much at risk by going and could really like them if that is the
underlying issue.   What they do live versus what they do in the studio is
little know because they don't tour much.  If I recall, they did a recent
gig in the UK that really impressed somebody on the list.

Rudy