HW: Time For Sale

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Sat Jun 22 09:19:54 EDT 1996

Got the lyrics for Time For Sale (Calvert) off Trev Hughes last night.
Checked the lyric file and they're not there so....

This *might* be on the new 1974(ish) Live album.
(which he said Dave gave him a copy of 15 years ago, and he's been
trying to get released ever since.)

"-Transribed by Trev Hughes from Bob's (unfinished) song as performed by
Hawkwind on their 1976 tour. Unpublished. (Bob/Dave mantrics ommited)"

Time For Sale (Calvert)

Roll up everybody, here's an offer you can't refuse.
If you're wasted price'll show ya' more surprise if you've got the
                                                              blues
Wouldn't you like to tell that card from way back before you fail?
Why don't you take a look at my stock, I've got time for sale.

Works out quite expensive but you've a lot of time to pay
So don't be apprehensive come on, buy up the time today
Wouldn't you like to tell that card from way back before you fail?
Oh Why don't you take a look at my stock, I've got time for sale.
                                                   time for sale.
                                                   time for sale.
                                                   time for sale.

Got what you need - it's all guarenteed
You can have a time of a whale
If the boss don't suit ya - you can try on the ledger
You don't have to pay on the nail - I've got time for sale.

'ere.....D'you wanna buy some time?
Want to buy some time?
Coz' I've got second-hand time for sale.
              second hand time
              second hand time for sale.

Take a look in his pouch
You see what I see there?
That's Helen Of Troy there!
- He got Helen Of Troy there!
You can have her if you pay for time
              second-hand time
              first hand time
I've got first hand time, once upon a time
a second  a second   a second   a second

I sicken for this time
        second hand time time time
         first hand time time time

I can sell to you an hour
        or a complete eternity
I can sell to you the power
        to have complete immortality
Wouldn't you like to be the boy
who could make the old mantra quale
Lying in the arms of Helen Of Troy
        I've got time for sale

--
Jon Browne
(Surprisingly mild hangover clearing, with the help of Electric Tepee!)