HW: Crappest HW gig I've been to

Rob etlrbsy at ETLXDMX.ERICSSON.SE
Mon Jun 24 10:06:25 EDT 1996

   I've long sinced realised that my tastes vary greatly from most
  people on the list, however I'm very surprised that so many people
  liked the gig at Brixton on Friday.
   They started off well enough, Psi Power and Assassins sounded great,
  but the rest of the set was very uninspiring. Possibly my two least
  favourite HW tracks are Steppenwolf and Secret Agent both of which
  were aired and I was very disappointed when what sounded like the
  intro chords to Damnation Alley turned into Siver Machine.
   The sound quality was the worst I've ever heard at a gig, it
  sounded very flat, the bass and drums were muddy for Hawkwind, but
  were fine for the Ozrics (therefore one can assume that HW's engineer
  should be shot). To cap it all, the lighting also left a lot to be
  desired.
   Luckily the Ozrics were excellent, Minty was...errrr...entertaining
  and Tribal Drift were cool so the gig wasn't that bad on the whole.

     bye - Rob