HW: Brixton & Guildford

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Jun 24 08:18:34 EDT 1996

> Overall it was marvellous, so I then managed to catch 40 mins sleep
> during the Ozrics, woke up in time for Minty, and watch it from a
> respectable distance with Carl and Jazza (well any closer I was afraid we
> would either be accused of being perverts, or an errant pubic hair would
> leap out into someones eye and blind them - I mean do these art jazznoise
> merchants have any health considerations in mind when they divest
> themselves of their clothes? Do they undergo rigorous safety procedures?
> I think not). I want to know are minty crap, or does the fact they have
> naked people on stage in some way atone for the terrible noises they produce?

        I chose simply to disbelieve in their entire set.  Clearly, reality
was on the blink and something grim from Discworld's Dungeon Dimensions
had temporarily welled-up onto the stage.  I was sure it would go away
after a while, like the memories of a bad dream :)
        And behold, when I got outside and found Ben & Jerries, it was
a thing of the poorly remembered past :)
        Kept me awake until the DJs, anyway.

> I then saw bits of the DJs, but mainly ended up walking to Covent garden
> for breakfast at 8am - it was a great morning to be walking through
> London, isn't it amazing what a Solstice can do to a chap's sensibilities?

        Indeed, it was a fine morning.  Jazza and I made it as far as
Vauxhall by the time the tube opened.

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                                -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)