HW mentioned mostly off: Ozrics at Brixton

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Jun 24 08:24:30 EDT 1996

Re: Ozrics
> Perhaps you could tell me what's their best
> Album, as I've only ever seen them live. I'll give them
> _one_more_chance_!

        Hmmm.  Well, a lot of people reckon _Erpland_ is their classic.
I also enjoy the live album _Live Underslunky_--the opening of Dots Thots
on the first track is completely cosmic, actually.  I also like _Aborescence_
which is their heaviest album to date, I think--I wish I'd brought it to
England with me.
        I have my CDs of _Erpland_ and _Become the Other_ in Cambridge
with me, so could pass you a cassette copy to check out if you wanted.

> >        Man, you better be glad you weren't at the NYC show last year.
> >What was that?  65? 75 minutes?  There were nearly riots :P
>
> I'm not at all surprised. Were the tickets nearly 30 bucks that night,
> too?

        Not quite that bad, but when we got ahold of Richard at New Haven
the next night we gave him a good talking too about this.  To his credit
he managed to pry and extra encore out of the band.  Just as they were
winding down Sputnik Stan, Richard starting pumping out the drums to LSD.
His drums are linked to the MIDI triggers, so he has a lot of control :)
Dave looked confused for a minute, but then started grinning and got into
it and they jammed for an extra 10 minutes or so.  Still too short a set,
but it was an improvement!

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                                -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)