HW: Brixton set list and recording

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Jun 24 08:39:39 EDT 1996

        OK, here is the info on the recording I made at Brixton.  The
show is just under 110 minutes, not counting the cheering etc. before
the encore.
        As I mentioned, we have major audience participation, especially
from the reasonably intoxicated boc-l contingent around me :)  Fairly
audible, but pretty much in tune (obviously lots of previous practice ;)
sing alongs on a number of the songs.  You *know* it's a knowledgeable
bunch of fans, since you can even hear some singing on "Aerospaceage
Inferno"!  Also, random commentary on the songs from time to time as
people attempt to guess what they are.  Not surprisingly, general
audience singing on "Silver Machine" is immense .... :)
        But apart from such amusing distractions, the sound is really
not too bad considering it was recorded on a Walkman and the very muddy
sound of the mix at various points in the gig.

Here's the actual set list, in order.

Psi Power
Photo Encounter
Blue Skin
Steppenwolf
Assassins (i.e. Hassan I Sabha > Space Is Their Palestine > Hassan I Sabha)
Sputnik Stan
Xenomorph
Vega
Love in Space
Kapal
Aerospaceage Inferno
Elfin
Silver Machine
Welcome to the Future

Encore: Secret Agent
        Abduction

Bernard has been going berserk for details on the show and a copy, so
there they are.  I reckon it will fit best on 2x60min tapes.  Once again
to soothe possible worries from the band about concert taping, this
recording will be traded as "freeware" only, not for sale, etc.  I
can't imagine anyone would want to bootleg this to sell to anyone anyway!

Folks on the list who want a copy should let me know--trades or blanks
only, of course, no cash.  I know all of us on the list are cool about
these things, especially people familiar with the tape trading scene
in the States, but I remember the band were very hesitant about taping
on the US tour, so I don't want them to freak out or anything.

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                                -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)